I’ve always been an avid ‘to do’ list writer, and like to write everything down so I don’t forget what I need to do. I’ve also used a number of project management tools in the past, and none of them have really worked for me so I always go back to the ‘to do’ list. That is, until I started using Trello.
Now, I’ll be honest I haven’t been using it for too long. But I’m certainly converted from using my trusty ‘to do’ list! That’s why I wanted to share with you why I think Trello is such a brilliant tool for organisation and efficiency, and what benefits it can offer you.
So I’m going to start off with telling you what Trello actually is… It’s a cloud-based project management platform designed to help you and your team collaborate better and keep all your projects/campaigns in line.
How does Trello work?
Your campaign and project details are stored in what Trello calls a ‘board’.
Each board is categorised by lists (just like a ‘to do’ list), with every list including separate cards that have further information on each individual task.
The tasks then include information such as the team members involved, files, checklists and any comments. You can also label each task so you know what it relates to at a glance.
What are the benefits of Trello?
There’s so many great benefits you can get from using Trello, here are some of the best:
- The look of the platform is brilliant. It’s very clean and visual, therefore super simple to navigate.
- You can personalise your boards too by adding images and changing the colours. Meaning you can easily differentiate all of your boards.
- One very helpful feature is the filtering. For example, let’s say you’ve labeled all your social media tasks red, and you just want to see all the tasks that are outstanding within social media, you can filter down to red, and that way you’ll just see the red (social media) tasks.
- You can set deadlines for each task, so you’ll receive a notification when a deadline is approaching for you or your team.
- The platform’s simple collaboration will allow your whole team to get involved in important discussions, send notes, share files and comment on all tasks.
- You can easily upload files to Treollo straight from your desktop, Dropbox or Google Drive.
- It’s a great platform to help you manage your team’s budget, staff performance reviews and targets. Keeping everything in the same place.
And the biggest benefit?
Drum roll please… Trello is free to use!
You can use the free version of Trello with as many users as you wish and many of the excellent features it offers. If you’re looking for extra tools and integrations with other platforms, they also offer a paid-for version of the platform, and even this isn’t that expensive.
I use the free version of Trello and get everything I need out of it.
While there are plenty of project management tools to use out there, Trello stands out for its well-thought-out, visually appealing layout and colored labels that make working and organisation that little bit easier.