To help you fast track the process, we have produced this step-by-step guide to show you a simple process to help you create engaging blog posts, fast!
These articles are quick to create and almost guaranteed to get shared on social media.
Meet: “The Curated Content Post”
This is a process to enable you to quickly find content that is already popular, allowing you to curate it, to create a post that is engaging to your audience prompting them to click, like and share on social media.
STEP 1 – CHOOSE A TOPIC.
To find proven, popular topics we recommend www.buzzsumo.com
Here’s what to do…
1. Make a list of your competitors and leaders in education.
2. Type their web address into BuzzSumo and take note of the trends and choose a topic for your post.
STEP 2 – FIND POPULAR CONTENT.
To find popular content for your post (content that has a high probability of being socially shared) we will turn again to BuzzSumo. We simply type the keyword (and variations of the keyword) in and find the most viral content about that topic.
For best results, put your keyword(s) in quotation marks to force Buzzsumo to return only exact matches of your keyword. This may get more relevant results. Then, try your keywords without quotation marks to find broader matched results.
For example, when typing in the topic “school open day” in BuzzSumo, it returns over 3,050 results — now that’s a recipe for success!
STEP 3 – WRITE YOUR HEADLINE.
The Curated Content blog post is a list post. As a result, any blog post headline that uses a list post formula will work for this type of article.
To help you get started, here are a few headline formulas you can copy:
X Ways to [DESIRED END RESULT] in [TIME PERIOD]
– Example: 19 Ways To Create A Fun and Informative Presentation for your School Open Day in 45 Minutes or Less
X Ways to [DESIRED END RESULT] Without [UNDESIRED RESULT or CONSTRAINT]
– Example: 5 Ways to Get Your School Website On The First Pages of Google Without Any Experience
X [THINGS] That Will [DESIRED END RESULT]
– Example: 3 Online Software Tools That Will Help You Look Like A School Marketing Expert
If you still need some assistance with creating a compelling headline, check out these headline generators…
Then once you have created your headline, you can check out how effective it might be here using: https://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer
Give yourself ample time to write a good post title, as the strength of the title will affect the number of clicks/shares/engagement you receive on your social media channels.
STEP 4 – LAYING OUT THE POST.
Now that you have your content and a title for your post, it’s time to construct the post.
Create a simple introduction to the post to get the reader to the list as quickly as possible by using a short, punchy intro that simply tells the reader what your post is about and why it’s important.
Here are the 4 components of your Curated Content Blog Post:
1. Subheading – Each list item needs a subheading that explains what the original post is about.
2. Description – In a sentence summarise what the original post is about and what the reader will find if they click the link to visit that original post.
3. Image(s) – Insert an image under each subheading post. Use an image from the original post (making sure you include credit of whose image it is) or find your own (making sure images are free to use or don’t have copyright issues).
4. Link – Create a link to the original post under the image.
Now, repeat by placing a sub-headline, description, image(s) and link for each list item.
As for the closing of your post, keep it simple by simply asking the reader to take an action such as Liking it on Facebook, pinning it to Pinterest, or adding something to the list in the comments section, and so on.
It’s time to publish the post on your blog page, and don’t forget to share news of this latest blog post on all of your social media platforms and your email subscribers.